MONTHLY MEETINGS: 1st Wednesday of every Month, 1 pm, Museum
- June 9-10, 2017 Pawnee Bill's Wild West Show:
For more information call 918-762-2513 or 918-762-2108
- 4:00pm - Downtown Pawnee Parade
- 5:00pm - Barbecue Dinner
- 6:30pm - Pre-Show, Saturday only
- 7:30pm - Pawnee Bill's Original Wild West Show at the Pawnee Bill Ranch.
- June 19, 2017 The third annual Cleveland High School “Alumni Day and Golf Tournament” is scheduled for Saturday, June 19 (always the third Saturday in June). Open to all Cleveland graduates, this reunion is geared more for the CHS classes of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s.
A golf tournament will get the reunion into swing at 8:00 a.m. at Cleveland’s Keystone Golf Club. Alumni interested in playing should contact Darren Buttram at the course at 358-2277. Cost is $80 per team or $40 for single. Money raised through the golf tournament will be used to establish a scholarship fund.
The reunion itself will begin as early as 11:00 a.m. at the Old School Community Center on East Wichita. By noon, visiting will be well underway with lunch and music available at noon. Meat will be provided for the lunch, but alumni are welcome to bring side dishes such as salads, chips, dips, desserts, etc.
That evening, at 6:00, the alumni will honor two former Cleveland educators — former elementary teacher and principal Frances Whaley (as well as her husband, Orb, a longtime Cleveland businessman and Tiger booster) and former high school principal Bob Brown. Previous honorees have been Sybil Blake, Jerry and Mary Minihan, Jean O’Kief and Emile Bayouth. For more information about the Alumni Day and Golf Tournament, call 358-3814 or 605-9435.
- June 29- July 2, 2017 70th Annual Pawnee Veteran's Homecoming Free Pow Wow.
Pow Wow Flier (PDF file)
- July 1: Ride-in Breakfast -- 7:00am Ride from Court House to Lakeside Arena.
- July 1: Pawnee Indian Veteran's Parade -- Noon, downtown Pawnee.
- July 1: Hawk Chief 5K Run -- 8:00am Pawnee High School Football Field, 918-762-4045.
- July 4, 2017 Pawnee Community Independence Day Celebration:
- Games on the Square and Turtle Races, starting 8:00am. 918-762-2108.
- Fireworks on the Square. At 10:00 pm, call 918-762-2108 for information.
- PMR RODEO WEEK:
- Aug 5 - Old Time Saturday Night Cruze-In. Cars, Tractors, Jeeps, Motorcycles, Rat-Rods, Hot-Rods, Custom Cars. If it’s got wheels bring it to Pawnee. 6:00 pm Barbeque Smoke Off, music and a good time. For information call 918-762-2108. https://www.facebook.com/OldTimeSaturdayNight
- Aug. 10, 11, & 12 - 7:30 PM-Nightly-Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo with dancing nightly at the Pawnee Lakeside Arena. 918-762-2108 for information.
- Aug. 13 - Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo Parade at NOON through downtown Pawnee .
- September 4, 2017 -Ralston, Oklahoma Labor Day celebration Parade, food, games, fun all day!
- October 7, 2017 10:00am -Dick Tracy Birthday, Court House Square, Police Parade and Birthday Cake at the Pawnee County Historical Society Museum. Call 918-762-4681 or email the museum for more information.
- October 22nd, 2017 7th Annual Cleveland Pioneer Days. 10am to 10pm, Downtown Cleveland. A celebration of the city's pioneer heritage with festivities that include a rodeo, kids' games, arts and craft vendors, food, a huge parade, live entertainment, a street dance and more. For more information: 918-358-2131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|For Information on the Pawnee County Historical Society,|
please email The Pawnee County Historical Society
or call the Museum: 918-762-4681
Pawnee County Historical Society
513 6th St
Pawnee, OK 74058