Welcome to... |
Pawnee Historical Society's
Home On The Web!
The Pawnee County Historical Society needs donated items for the 100-Mile Garage Sale sidewalk sale being held May 1-2! Don't throw stuff away!!! Contact Bill Pope, 918-762-2163 and let US decide whether it should be thrown away or put in the sale! If you live in the Pawnee Community area, items you have to donate will be picked up!
All proceeds from the side walk sale go to Pawnee County Historical Society and the Society's museum. All donations will be welcomed! Then come join us May 1 and 2nd for the big SALE!
Won't you please come on in and sit a spell,
browse these pages, get to know us - our past, our present
and our hopes for the future. These pages are ever changing,
so come back often and watch us grow!
|Pawnee County Historical Society Museum|
513 6th St. Pawnee OK 74058
918-762-4681 Contact PCHS
HOURS (Most of the time):
Mon thru Fri - 10am-noon and 1-4
(please call before coming
to make sure we're open):
Closed on Sunday except for special events, and always happy to open after hours if you'll call first.
DONATE NOW! For your convience PCHS now accepts your tax deductible donations and memberships dues via PayPal! Click on the button above donate to the Society or click here for membership information.|
The Tradition Continues...
Keep up with Tracy and the gang by reading the daily comic strip HERE
Stop by the Pawnee County
Historical Society's Museum and Dick Tracy Headquarters (on the west side of the Pawnee County Courthouse Square, Downtown, Pawnee)
|[click on thumbnails to see larger pictures]|
|[click on thumbnails to see larger pictures] Pawnee Santa Fe Railroad Depot: These Pictures were donated by Ron Estes. Ron is a Railroad photographer who was born in Pawnee and whose father worked for the Sana Fe Railway in Pawnee. Ron's Father took these pictures.|
|RESEARCH REQUESTS- Please note:|
Those needing research of any kind done by the Pawnee County Historical Society must contact the Historical society via phone, mail or email with the information you want looked up, including FULL names of ancestors, dates and any other leads you can give. We can not do research on "my great-great grandfather" without knowing his name.
Research costs: $10/hour and copies cost from $0.25 on up (The County Court House charges $5 minimum for copies of records stored there)
If you are sure of the amount you will owe for the research you want done or copies you need, you can use the Paypal Donate Now button and input the amount.
Obituaries Pawnee County Obituaries, funeral cards and marker pictures available. [1.58 mb file]
UPDATED December 2009
Guest Book! Please take time to sign our NEW! Guest Book!
Snap Shots! See recent snap shots of some of the Pawnee County Historical Society's Displays
State Proclamation See the text of the Pawnee County Historical Museum Day Proclamation by the Governor of Oklahoma!
County Proclamation See the text of the Pawnee County Historical Museum Day Proclamation by the Pawnee County Commissioners!
Pawnee County Links
See the ever growing list of verified links to other Pawnee County Web pages!
2015 UpComing Events|
MONTHLY MEETINGS: 1st Wednesday of every Month, 1 pm, Museum
- Pawnee Bill Quilt Block of the Month Class & Quilt Guild meets the second Tuesday of every month. Call 918-762-2513 for more information.
- OCTOBER 10 - DICK TRACY'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! - Pawnee County Historical Society Museum on the west side of the Pawnee County Courthouse square. Sidewalk sales, cake and punch, police parade! For more information call 918-762-4681.
- October 24 - Scary Stories at the Pawnee Bill Mansion - 6:30-9pm. Story Tellers, Treats and Decorations. $3 per person. Reservations required. Call 918-762-2513.
- November 28 - Festival of Lights, Downtown, Pawnee, OK. Starting at 5:30 p.m. For more information call 918-762-2108
- December 31 - Courthouse Square Ball Drop, Downtown, Pawnee, OK. Starting at 11p.m. Bon Fire, Music, Black Eyed Peas, Hot chocolate, Lighted Ball Drop and fireworks! For more information call 918-762-2108
|For Information on the Pawnee County Historical Society,|
please email The Pawnee County Historical Society
or call the Museum: 918-762-4681
Pawnee County Historical Society
513 6th St
Pawnee, OK 74058