2015 UpComing Events|
(updated June 3 2015
MONTHLY MEETINGS: 1st Wednesday of every Month, 1 pm, Museum
- Pawnee Bill Quilt Block of the Month Class & Quilt Guild meets the second Tuesday of every month. Call 918-762-2513 for more information.
- June 12 & 13 - Pawnee Bill's Original Wild West Show at the historic Pawnee Bill Ranch. "The weekend also includes the Wild West Festival with activities and entertainment before the big show in the evening. Come see historically accurate demonstrations in blacksmithing, flint knapping, gunfighting and sharp shooting. You can also see a medicine man show and listen to music from local artists all on the ranch grounds. There is also a Western style meal served in the big barn before the Wild West Show. - Travek OK". http://www.okhistory.org/sites/pbshow?full For more information contact 918-762-2513, FAX: 918-762-2514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 14 - Blackburn Old Settler's Day/Homecoming/Founders' Day
- July 2-5 - Pawnee Nation Indian Veteran's Homecoming 69th Annual FREE Powwow, Memorial Stadium, Pawnee, OK.
- July 4th -
- Ride in Breakfast From the Pawnee County Courthouse to The Pawnee Lakeside Arena, 7a.m.
- Pawnee Indian Veteran's Parade. Noone, Downtown Pawnee. For more info: 918-762-3621
- Hawk Chief 5K Run/ Walk honoring Kootahwecotsoo Lelehoolashar (Big Hawk Chief), a Pawnee scout who reportedly was clocked in 3:58 for the mile by Army officers at Sidney Barracks, Neb., in 1875 78 years before Roger Bannister ran the first official sub-four minute mile. Free! Race starts at 8 a.m., Pawnee Football Field. For more info: 918-762-4045
- Games on the Pawnee County Square - Turtle Races, money in the hay, egg throw, 2 and 3 legged races and more! Starting at 8a.m. Contact the Pawnee Community Chamber of Commerce for more info: 918-762-2108
- Fireworks Downtown Pawnee - starts at 10 pm, but come early to get a spot! For more info call: 918-762-2108
- August 1-8 - Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo Week
- August 1 - Old time Saturday Night, Pawnee County Courthouse Square. 6pm BBQ Smoke off and Diner, Music, Classic Car Drive In. Contact the Pawnee Community Chamber of Commerce for more info: 918-762-2108
- August 6-8 - Pawnee Bill IPRA Sanctioned Memorial Rodeo, Lakeside Arena, Pawnee, OK. 7:30 pm each night and dances will be held each night after the main event. Contact the Pawnee Community Chamber of Commerce for more info 918-762-2108 or the Pawnee Lakeside Foundation, 405-880-7218.
- August 8 - Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo Parade, Noon, through downtown Pawnee, OK. Contact the Pawnee Community Chamber of Commerce for more info 918-762-2108 or the Pawnee Lakeside Foundation, 405-880-7218.
- OCTOBER 10 - DICK TRACY'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! - Pawnee County Historical Society Museum on the west side of the Pawnee County Courthouse square. Sidewalk sales, cake and punch, police parade! For more information call 918-762-4681.
- October 24 - Scary Stories at the Pawnee Bill Mansion - 6:30-9pm. Story Tellers, Treats and Decorations. $3 per person. Reservations required. Call 918-762-2513.
- November 28 - Festival of Lights, Downtown, Pawnee, OK. Starting at 5:30 p.m. For more information call 918-762-2108
- December 31 - Courthouse Square Ball Drop, Downtown, Pawnee, OK. Starting at 11p.m. Bon Fire, Music, Black Eyed Peas, Hot chocolate, Lighted Ball Drop and fireworks! For more information call 918-762-2108
|For Information on the Pawnee County Historical Society,|
please email The Pawnee County Historical Society
or call the Museum: 918-762-4681
Pawnee County Historical Society
513 6th St
Pawnee, OK 74058